Research Ethics and Good Research Practice
Online research ethics training is available through Moodle. This includes:
- Ethics 1: Good Research Practice
- Ethics 2: Working with Human Subjects
The Office of Personal and Professional Development provides an online data protection training course for:
The Finance Division provides online training for all staff in the Bribery Act 2010.
MRC Regulatory Support Centre
The MRC provides three e-learning courses as part of their Regulatory Support Centre. These courses address:
- Research Data and Confidentiality
- Research and Human Tissue Legislation
- Making an application using the Integrated Research Applications System (IRAS)
US online ethics training
Online training is provided by several US-based institutions. These are designed for the US research environment and are best suited to researchers funded by US funders or carrying out research in US institutions.
- NIH Office of Extramural Research - Protecting Human Research Participants
- US online Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative - Protection of Human Research Subjects
Academy of Management
The Academy of Management has produced an eight part series of films addressing key ethical issues in academic research and publishing including authorship and plaigarism.